Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Philadelphia Sugar Cookies

These are my favorite eggless sugar cookie--great for Little Red's allergy, and great for Curly's constant, "Can I eat this scrap?" (Scrap in this case meaning 90% of the dough surrounding the one cut out heart). These cookies are nice and soft with a subtle tang from the cream cheese.

INGREDIENTS:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened (I often use neufchatel)
1 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour

colored sugar or frosting to decorate

DIRECTIONS:
Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour; mix well. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.

Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes; sprinkle with colored sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350ºF for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. Those look great! My son has lots of allergies but greatfully he can have eggs! I am your newest follower! You can visit me at http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/ Shay

    ReplyDelete