Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Spinach Salad with Berries and Bleu

Most men swoon over a nice juicy steak and potatoes.  Not Baldy.  This man loves a good spinach salad.  Any meal I make automatically becomes amazing if I put a salad like this on the table.  Below is one of his favorites.

Fresh baby spinach and/or mixed greens
Dried cranberries or mixed berries
Candied pecans*
Bleu cheese crumbles
Red onion, chopped
White mushrooms, sliced
Strawberries, sliced
Vinaigrette Dressing (Raspberry or Balsamic is great.  Our favorite right now is Raspberry Cherry).

*I usually make my own candied pecans by cooking them in a skillet with a little butter and brown sugar over medium to medium-high heat, stirring frequently.  The butter melts and the sugar begins to caramelize as you are coating the nuts.  Watch carefully so they don't burn.  Then lay them out on waxed paper to cool and break apart as needed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I am one of Jenny's friends from BYU-(I remember meeting you). I am currently stuck in bed from a very sick pregnancy-thus much time on my hands to pursue people's blogs. I came across yours and I LOVE both of them. As soon as I can eat again I am making everything you have listed here! My 2 1/2 year old will love your activities too. Thanks for entertaining me today:) Christine Christensen

    ReplyDelete